Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Erased From the Book

ERASED FROM THE BOOK

Randall Nathan was just ready to cut a piece of chocolate cake out of the middle, of the middle, where it wouldn’t show, to eat at his morning coffee break, since Claire was off getting her hair cut and wouldn’t see his perfidy, having seen Cliff Huxtable do a similar trick, when she surprised him by bursting in the back door.

“Why are you back so early?” he gasped, trying to stuff the middle back into the middle, and hoping he didn’t have chocolate on his breath, since most women have a bloodhound’s ability to sniff out chocolate. She wasn’t paying attention to her nefarious husband, however.

“They erased me,” she moaned. “I am no more.”

“What do you mean?”

“I went for my hair cut at ‘Bounding Mane Beauty Enhancement and Pirate Song Boutique’ and they had erased my name from the appointment book. They gave my appointment to someone else. I no longer exist.”

“You can’t fool me,” said Randall. “This is just a ploy to get me to notice that you got your hair cut. It looks very nice, too.”

That was when another name got erased.

No comments:

Post a Comment